Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Back!

Okay, here I am again.
Anw, to make the long story short, I'm going to take my postgraduate diploma in psychology from Monash next year. It's gonna be another two loooooong years ahead of me but I'm feeling pretty positive about this step.
Originally, I had announced that I was gonna take the graduate diploma in Human resources and I even went down to register for the program but... well... I backed out at the last minute. The reason is because I didn't wanna give up on something I am passionate about.
I don't wanna drag my feet to work everyday, working in a job I don't like. I wanna skip all the way to work, and enjoy what it is that I am doing and I can't do that; unless I'm truly doing something I'm passionate about.
I've heard people around me say some real bitter stuff about my choices in life. Things like "her parents got money what, sure she can study all she wants" or "why don't you faster go make some money?" and it really gets to me. True, my parents paid for my degree but I worked to pay for my own expenses and even managed to save some money, keeping in mind that I was gonna further my studies. I only bought clothes during sales and never bought anything for myself that costs more than 30 bucks. You fools don't think I like to spend money? Thing is, I made it. I'm gonna pay for my studies this time. Every cent of that AUD 14,500 for my postgraduate diploma and I'm proud of me. I've got a nice job at NIE as a research assistant and I'll also be tutoring, plus my savings, I can do it.
Actually, although it's not like I'm getting an award here, but I have to say that I'm really really grateful to my family, my best friends (Janice, Junan and Ivy) and Stanley (and his family) for being so understanding about my commitments and being so supportive and encouraging about my academic pursuit all this time. :')

1 Comments:

Blogger janiceblog said...

U've my support all the way!! Who are the ignorant people talking bad about u? Well, I wish I've the discipline to further my studies but too bad I dun even have 10% of ur determination..

I'm proud of u dear!!!

27 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home